For Best Student Paper (BSP) Candidates:
By March 15, email the final version of your paper to the Regional Coordinator (email@example.com).
While BSP Award Committee will consider your written submission only, the length of that submission should not exceed that of a paper you would be able to deliver orally in the time that you’ve been allotted; please refer to your acceptance letter for your allotted time.
The specific criteria for evaluation are as follows:
- Demonstrated knowledge of scholarly resources and publications related to the paper topic
- Use and knowledge of the primary sources related to the topic of the paper
- Clarity of written expression
- Use of scholarly practices of annotation
- Originality of ideas and solutions developed in the paper
For Regional Scholar (RS) Candidates:
By March 15, email the final version of your paper, your CV, and all handouts, slides, etc. to the Regional Coordinator.
The RS Award Committee will consider both your written argument and your oral presentation. For this reason, the written version of the paper that you submit must be the same as the presentation that you will give.
The specific criteria for evaluation can be found here.
More information about the SBL Regional Scholars Program can be found here.
One final note:
The awards will not be given on the day of the conference. You will be contacted by email once the Award Committees have made their decisions, which are due by June 1.